Sunday, September 03, 2006

Blogging at 7:35am

Good morning, blogdom.

This will be a long blog, if I see things right. Going to write a lot of things that I can think of and take advantage of the fact that I can blog at home, not like at work where the damn Freeproxy won't let me publish my well-thought-out posts.

* * *

First off, I concede to my PC. Sure I got it running again smoothly. But the viruses are in full bloom. The C drive is so full of multiplying files which I can't remove. McAfee can't seem to detect them. Weird.

So what's the plan for my dear DarthVader? Well I guess it has to be a total re-format of the drive C. I have to back up all pictures and important files in My Documents. Then wipe the damn 40GB hard disk clean of any virus.

After the re-format I guess it's re-install everything. Again. Then I HAVE to install an anti-virus, a firewall, and an anti-spyware program. Before I connect to the net.

That's where all the trouble began anyway. I connected to a DSL connection without protection. Damn. Lesson learned. The hard way.

* * *

It's just that if I didn't try to connect with my PC then my dad would have canceled the DSL connection we had because it was so damn f*cked up we couldn't connect using my folks' old iMac for two or three weeks since we got the DSL connection.

If I didn't show them that we could connect then goodbye DSL. Whatever.

* * *

Ah well. This PC's a work-in-progress anyway. Though I do have plans on what to do with this thing already. I plan on getting either a newer, better motherboard, or a DVD-writer. Then I'd either sell my old CD-writer or give it to someone who needs it. We'll see.

* * *

Went to Quiapo yesterday with my friend. I finally saw where Henry's was. They sell and repair cameras. I saw my dream camera, the Canon 30D.

Sadly it will stay a dream camera. Because it's too expensive for what I'm earning right now. I can afford a Canon 350D, and I am leaning towards that since my friends all have a good point about why I should get the latter rather than the former.

First, I won't recoup my "losses" if I get a 30D since I am not a pro photographer. I am just a hobbyist. Second, all DSLRs are basically the same. Some are just more durable than others, and some have higher megapixels than others. But again, you only need a high megapixel DSLR if you're planning to shoot photos for posters and billboards. Which I do not do. Finally, and the best argument if I may say so, I can't afford the 30D now, but I can afford the 350D.

'Nuff said, natch.

* * *

We're selling our old reliable '96 Mazda Familia. It is color green and has automatic transmission. I'm sure some of you have read the harsh words I've written about the car. And while some of them are true most of them are also exaggerations.

Because lets face it, I'm a "young" person who's into cool cars and racing so of course I'd dis our Mazda. Besides, one man's "car-bage" is another man's treasure.

It gets you from point A to point B, rather comfortably. It can still run at a good speed. There are some gremlins in the car but I'm sure they can be fixed, its just that we keep sending the poor car to stupid car repair places who think they know what they're doing. Then instead of making the car run better it gets worse.

Seriously, at first I was impressed with this repair shop. They were big, many branches, and at first they fixed the initial kinks of the Mazda. Then after the last service the Mazda starts acting weird all of a sudden. So beware this shop, I warn ye. I won't tell you what the name of the shop is but I am unimpressed with their service already. The name starts with R and ends with apidé.

So if anyone out there is interested in buying our car just contact me or leave a comment with your e-mail address. Philippine residents only please.

* * *

For any spellcheckers out there who read my blog. Sorry for some wrong spellings and grammar. I've no time to go over my blog more than once and I'm really more a spur-of-the-moment writer so I sometimes write really long posts and by the time I'm done I'm too "spent" to go over them.

I'm only human and I don't get paid to write my blog. So seeing as how I am the "boss" of this blog I can forgive any mistakes.

* * *

I guess that's it for now. I seem to have gotten everything I need out of my system. At least everything that I am willing to share to random people out there.

I'm off to breakfast.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)