Monday, December 05, 2005

Wants vs Needs

Whenever I think of cars, I always think of what I want in a car. Like (in extreme cases) one of the cars in NFSMW. Maybe the Supra. Or the Ford GT. I want those cars. But do I really need them?

No.

Honestly the perfect car for the city streets of Manila are not them big-ass SUVs that drink gas the way I eat at buffets. Sure some of them are fuel efficient (I hope the Hyundai Tucson is - I really do like that "vehicle" right now) but most of them are powered by big V6 engines. And they're pretty expensive too.

What car do I really need for Manila? Something with four wheels, runs properly, has good audio system and a working AC. We can rule the Mazda I drive out. The audio is fine but the tape deck (ooh a relic) is broken and it doesn't have a CD changer. Plus the fact that only Velocity works on the car makes it a costly car to gas up.

So what I'm trying to say is, I won't mind if I get a Hyundai Getz or a Kia Picanto. Better if I get the Honda Jazz 1.5L. Or like what someone I know said, just use the money to buy a good second hand Toyota Echo Verso. Because I've been in that car and I really love that car.

Rambling...

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)