Friday, December 16, 2005

Pepsi Max Radio Advertisement

Have you heard the radio version of the Pepsi Max commercial? Here in the Philippines there's two people who make wisecracks about words. Say, for example, how come pineapples don't have pines or apples? Or, if vegetarians eat vegetables what do humanitarians eat? Then they come out with, "How come Pepsi Max has no sugar yet it tastes good?" (this is said in Tagalog - Bakit ang Pepsi Max walang asukal pero masarap?)

Okay. I'm sure the copywriters had good intentions. But if you're going to start making wiseass commercials might as well make sure your wisecracks stack up. I can get the vegetarian and pineapple part. They were being wiseasses about the composition of the word. But Pepsi Max has no sugar but tastes good?!? So? Did it say Pepsi Sweet? No. It said Pepsi Max. Where's the sugar there? The wisecrack, in my opinion, had no relation to the earlier wisecracks.

Which brings me to my own version of the Pepsi Max radio advertisement:
"Ba't yung creatives na gumawa ng Pepsi Max commercial hindi creative?"
(Translation: How come the creatives who made the Pepsi Max commercial aren't creative?)

Don't get me wrong. I respect copywriters (despite the fact that they sometimes get me pissed off due to some "revisions" on some projects) and what they do. My mom started out as a copywriter. But ads nowadays? Please. Some are insulting to my intelligence.

Not that I'm saying I'm superior to anyone. Its just that if you're going to make an ad might as well make it appealing rather than annoying. Or maybe it's the client's fault. I don't know. All I know is that I really don't like the locally made Pepsi Max commercials.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)