Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ticking Time Bomb

Tick.

Woke up this morning and it was raining. It was just the right strength for me to decide to sleep again. On a work day.

Finally I got up. Still relatively early but had enough sleep to feel quite fine. Had a nice breakfast of cold rice and boiled, canned vienna sausage. While channel surfing.

Took a nice hot bath. That woke me up even more. Despite the fact that the rain was falling I was feeling calm and happy. Strange. Normally the rains bring me to a sort of quiet angst. Or maybe I was just too damn relaxed to bother worrying about all the useless crap I worry about.

Tick.

Took the car to work today. It's going to be a long work day. I was supposed to go back to working on the game we were doing (which I am advertising right at the bottom of this page) because the project I was doing was almost done. I say almost because it still hasn't received final approval. But its getting there. Don't wanna jinx it. Knock on wood and all that brouhaha.

I encountered typical Filipino drivers. Swerve here, cut there. Defend all lanes so no one overtakes. Right. And yet I didn't get pissed at them (my, my I'm so calm all of a sudden). Just went my merry way to work. No hassles.

Even in the muddy parking lot. I usually park in the "idiot area", which I called that way because most of the people who park there just park anywhere. Our parking lot is an empty lot with security guards. All free, of course. The section of the parking closest to our building has organized lanes where cars park. As it goes further away less clearer lines of cars are seen. Sure it's an empty lot with no painted lanes but c'mon, use your friggin' heads once in a while. If they can do it in the front area why not the back?

Fortunately I park WAY back. So no one can block my car. I'm at the edge nearest the sidewalk. Haha. Who cares if its a long walk? That's why I've got legs with feet. To walk.

Anyway I'm waiting for my officemate to arrive so I can start working on the new project. It's going to be a bit rush-rush so I'll probably be working late here. But I'm ready. I don't know why, but I'm ready.

BOOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)