Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Velocity, Drivers in Manila, Et Cetera, Et Cetera...

Howdy.

Just had the Mazda gassed up for this week. And I think I had to pay P45++ for a frickin' liter of Shell Velocity. For those of you not in the know, the Mazda will only run on said gas. Because it's a lemon. Because of some unknown reason which could not be remedied by mechanics.

HOW THE HELL WILL I BE ABLE TO AFFORD THE GAS PRICES WHILE STILL HAVING ENOUGH CASH ON ME TO SAVE MONEY, BUY MY FOOD, AND GO OUT WITH MY GIRLFRIEND?!? Anyone who can answer that question, e-mail me. Fast. ASAP. Please.

The stupid E-Vat. Sure I understand the purpose of tax, but the real reason why taxes collected are never enough is because a lot of people cheat on their taxes. Or the corrupt government people steal them and report lower tax collections. So how does our brilliant government fix the problem of lack of taxes collected? Do they fix the way it is collected to ensure higher collections? Nope. Do they hunt down all corrupt people who steal our money? Nope (Of course it would be stupid to hunt yourself down). They penalize the people. They tax us more. And they wonder why we look down on the government. Sheesh.

Anyway, I just realized that driving in Manila will improve your reflexes. Why? Because jeepneys and buses here just turn at their pleasure, without looking at the side mirrors, and without signaling. Last Saturday I saw an L300 Truck planted into the grill of an 18-wheeler. I thought the L300 was turning left from a corner but when I saw the crash again the angle of the L300 was too far off from the corner. My theory? The L300 wanted to do a U-turn, banked right and turned left. Instantly. Without checking his side mirrors and/or rear-view mirror. The truck smashes into the L300 because it was either going too fast or it was too late to brake. End of theory. Who's at fault? I don't know. All I know was that if people were less stupid and greedy with driving less accidents would happen.

What else, what else? Hmm. Christmas is almost upon us. For the past two months we've been reminded of that. And for what? To buy, buy, buy. Buy stuff and let stores survive for one more year.

Happy holidays, y'all.

Out.

1 comment:

  1. "HOW THE HELL WILL I BE ABLE TO AFFORD THE GAS PRICES... Anyone who can answer that question, e-mail me. Fast. ASAP. Please." - You're not alone, I'm sure this is a problem facing everyone today (even myself).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)