Tuesday, November 29, 2005

NFSMW

* Note: I've pretty much been writing negative posts the past few times so I thought I'd liven things up a bit with a video game rant. Besides I'm feeling a lot better already. Fr. Charlie was laid to his final resting place yesterday, the project's almost finished, and I got a three-day weekend. So I'm feeling pretty fine. I can't wait for my next bout of negativeness.

Got Need for Speed Most Wanted. Really wanted to buy it (Third sending me SMS all the way from Australia telling me how great the game was also helped) and so I did. Got me a copy and started playing.

To be honest I've re-started the game three times. The first time was okay but I had no strategy about choosing the Markers of the Black List opponents I'd beaten (I was going to go up against Black List # 10, Baron, at the time) so I tried again but made some stupid moves the second time. So three's a charm. I've beaten Baron, and Earl (Black List # 9). And what a great game it is - though somewhat monotonous.

I started with a Lexus IS300. Got it because it was the best handling car available (what is it with me and handling? I'll always take a slow car that handles well rather than a fast car that can't turn... except for the Ford GT I own in GT4 but that's another story...) and because it was one of the cars I could afford. I beat Sonny (Black List # 15 or "BL" - typing Black List is too long and, as you can see, I've spent way too many words trying to explain what the hell "BL" means) but didn't get his car. I beat the next guy and got his Lexus IS300 (which I promptly sold because his car handles worse than mine). Then BL # 13 was beaten and I got his Toyota Supra which I immediately souped up.

The story goes on and on. But to make it easier, I won Baron's Porsche Cayman S and all the unique performance upgrade markers I had at the time (5) were immediately dumped into said car. Comparing my Porsche's stats to other cars in the car lot, the handling is way up there with the Lambo Murcielago. Top speed and acceleration aren't quite up there but who cares. I love the Porsche. Nice engine noise and great handling.

Indeed it is a great game. However, it does get tiring. The races are somewhat repetitive and as you progress along the way the opponents become less racers and more demolishers. They keep ramming into you rather than racing. Plus the cops become more aggressive... which is a perfect segue for the next paragraph.

My record for longest police chase in NFSMW (go figure out what NFSMW means) was over 12 minutes using my tried and tested Lexus (if you think I'll intentionally use my Porsche Cayman S for pursuits you're dead wrong) and 50 plus cops chasing me. Amazing. My target bounty that time was 790,000 and after that chase it was up to 840,000. Wow.

Sadly NFSMW does get tiring (didn't I say that a few paragraphs ago?). Last night I played Way of the Samurai 2 for a couple of minutes and my interest level in NFSMW dropped. Horribly. Which is a good thing too so that I won't get too bored with the game.

One thing that scares me about NFSMW is that there's a Ford GT available there too. What's scary about that? How about this: In GT 4 when I found out that you could buy a Ford GT I played the game tirelessly until I acquired the GT. Then I stopped. This could happen in NFSMW too. Because I don't really care about beating the game. I just want the GT.

Oh by the way, the acting in NFSMW is superd. I really did get pissed off at Razor and Sgt. Cross. The actors delivered. Plus Josie Maran's there. 'Nuff said.

Out.

1 comment:

  1. Haha yeah it does indeed get tiring when you play it long enough.... which is why I decided to start from scratch on GT4 just to throw in a bit of variety... Ü

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)