Thursday, September 01, 2005

GT Errata and My First Christmas Rant

It seems I've made a mistake about the two Skylines I own in GT4. I mistakenly thought they were R32 Skylines when in fact they were R33s. That's it basically. And the 2nd hand Skyline I own really is fun to drive.

So far I've put in a racing exhaust, turbo stage 2, racing intercooler, full-custom suspension, full-custom transmission, racing chip, racing brakes, brake balance controller, and a wing. Plus I'm using the tires that came with the car. Oh, I've also replaced the mag wheels. It used to be "stock" but I got gold OZ Racing mag wheels to replace it. Why gold? Because my Skyline's color is "Championship Blue" and I also like the Subaru Impreza.

(On a side note, it seems that in every Gran Turismo game I've ever played and had a save game I've always had an "Impreza Killer" - a blue 4WD car that wasn't a Subaru that had gold mag wheels. In GT2 and GT3 it was Mitsubishi Evos and now in GT4 its an R33 Skyline. Yet the strange thing about it is that I always have an Impreza myself.)

Its September 1 already. Time flies so fast. Have you put up your Christmas decors yet? No? Why not? It's September already, Jesus H. Christ! What sort of Christmas Spirit do you have? Do you not know that once the months that end with "ber" come in its already the Christmas season???

But seriously, why is it like that nowadays? Christmas has been so damned commercialized that we forget that Christmas is all about the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ (no "H."). Right? Right? Well actually its been proven that Christ wasn't born on Dec. 25 and that the only reason Christmas is celebrated the way it is is because the early Christians had to find a holiday to incorporate their religious beliefs in so that the pagans could relate to them and be converted. Hence Christmas falls on Dec. 25, which is the winter solstice for pagans. But I digress.

Nowadays Christmas is all about receiving. What gift do you want? Batteries not included! Consult a physician before drinking! Guaranteed 3-4 inches longer or your money back! New aqua-attack figurine! Buy! Buy! Buy!

Yet we seem to have forgotten that Christmas is not about getting kick ass presents. Well yeah that's a great part of Christmas. But that isn't the main theme of the holiday.

I think Christmas season should only be celebrated during December. In fact in our household we only put up decorations after Christ the King and we take them down after Three Kings. Simple as that. We don't put up our decorations the moment Sept. 1 comes into play. And we don't wait until the end of February to take them down.

Every year I feel less and less excited about Christmas. Maybe its because I've also lost sight of what Christmas really means.

Or maybe its because I'm working now and I've got to spend my ber months salary on gifts for everyone else.

Out.

1 comment:

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)