Thursday, September 29, 2005

It's Been A While

Haven't blogged anything lately. Anything of relative importance. Mostly minor stuff, news from around the globe and games, games, games.

Well I just found out today that someone I knew died. She was the granddaughter of the cook/household helper of my grandparents in Lucena. She was about 10 years older than me (maybe more, maybe less, I don't know). She basically grew up with my grandparents. She lived in their house, and she was like another grandchild to my grandparents. She got married, moved out, and stuff. Now she's dead of cancer. So my condolences go out to her family and my grandmother and my aunts who live there. She was like family to them.

Anyway I was in the office yesterday when I found out that Direk Third had a copy of the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack. Kem and I thought this was the soundtrack to Advent Children so we went down to Third's car and all sat in there to listen to it. It was the game soundtrack but most of the music there was also used in the CG movie.

I cannot stop raving about the sound quality in Third's ride. He's driving an Echo Verso with really sweet speakers, amps, and a subwoofer. Amazing sound. Lovely, just lovely. Imagine listening to a full orchestra in that car. Hell I'd play full orchestra songs in that car on full volume and they'd sound so much better than the thumping bass blasts of R&B and hip-hop blaring on most cars here with subs.

What else, what else? Oh I'm still deciding on whether I want a Sony Ericsson K750i or not. Most likely I'll want. I'll be splitting the costs with my mom anyway. She's got a couple of free points in her phone which can be used to get that unit. I'll just pay for the balance since the points are not enough.

It shouldn't really bother me but it does. Due to circumstances of the past month or so I've had to become more financially responsible than before. Used to be what I earned was all mine. I could spend it to my heart's content, use it on whatever. But lately I've had to rethink my expenses. Which isn't wrong anyway. Eventually I will have to be totally independent financially.

I was just hoping it wasn't now. I earn enough actually. But if I have to be more financially responsible I'll have to cut back on some of the expenses I normally take. Because first of all my savings are severely depleted (thanks to my buying a new CPU that still can't be used - long story) and I want to bring it back up to a safe level. Second I've got to consider paying for the gas in the car I use all the time. My mom does have a point, since I use it I ought to pay for the gas.

Its just that as I started working my mom first told me she'd help out with my expenses at first so that I could save my money and I got used to that. But now I guess I'll have to face the facts and taste the beef.

Oh well. It was, as Agent Smith said, inevitable. Besides I am 25. I ought to start acting my age. Or at least being more responsible. Whatever.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)