Saturday, April 09, 2005

Working with a Living Legend

Last Thursday at work I met and had a meeting with Hans Bacher. For those of you who don't know him (like me a few days ago) Mr. Bacher worked for Disney, and did a lot of work with Mulan and lots of other stuff. Animation fans will no doubt be familiar with his work. Anyway.

I was actually in a meeting with him, and I was part of the creative discussion for this project we have. Can't say what since it's totally hush-hush. All I can say is that I met a living legend. But it gets better...

Due to time constraints I had to help my officemate create 3d models (which I am not that good at). Mr. Bacher was the one who would check our models since he designed them. In the morning he arrived, saw my officemate's creation and started critiquing it. Lots of revisions. Got me freakin' scared. He's too good. Saw my work-in-progress (WIP). Made a few comments and said he wanted it this way and that. Got me panicking. How would I meet this man's standards? Shet na malagket.

Anyway in the afternoon he came back to the office, saw my officemate's work and started praising it. Good for my officemate, who is an amazing 3d artist/animator. Then he saw my WIP. For some amazing miracle of God, he said he liked it! It was nice. Man, receiving a compliment like that from someone who has worked on major animation projects, wow. Made me one very happy person. And made all the hard work I've put in worth it.

Then reality kicked in and Murphy's Law reared its ugly head - again. But that's another time, another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)