Saturday, April 30, 2005

Cars, cars, and cars...

I've had tons of dream cars, ever since I became aware of them. I've had everything from the Jeep Wrangler, to the Ford GT, to the Subaru Impreza. All dream cars. All unaffordable. Sadly.

Anyway since way back when, I've always had a thing about setting up cars (pimping them). Even before I saw The Fast and the Furious. I guess it dates back to Gran Turismo 2. Oh well...

I've written about what I'd do with a car numerous times, mostly on my old pen and paper diary, er, blog. Blog. Not diary. Alright, diary. I kept a diary while I was studying in Naga. So what? Nothing wrong with that... Nothing wrong with men crying either, but enough about that. I'm not defensive.

Lately its been about the Volkswagen Beetle. Not the New Beetle, piece of $hit expensive car. I mean the old Beetle. Thanks to MTV's Pimp My Ride, when Xzibit and the gang at West Coast pimped a Beetle Baja, I've been hooked.

Why the Beetle? Its old, hard to find parts, and they're also expensive. So what? Here's the deal, even with all my dreaming, I wouldn't be able to get the Beetle and spend for it. Why? Because I don't think my folks would be too happy with me blowing away my cash on an old car. But, if for some miracle they did agree... Hehehe...

I'd get me an old Beetle, maybe a Super Beetle, one with the 1600cc engine. Then I'd first fix the suspension, chassis, brakes and transmission. Make sure the car can stop, safety first. Then I'd relace the wheels, make 'em bigger. Not low profile wheels with big ass rims, bigger wheels. I'm talking Beetle Baja-like wheels. Not as big as them, but big enough to make the ground clearance high.

Then I'd fix the engine. Go for twin carbs with racing air filters, use high quality spark plugs, like Boschs. Stuff like that. Make the engine stronger, so that the car won't be a turtle, even in C5. I just want it to max out at around 100-110kph. I'm not a speed freak anyway, but I ain't no slowpoke eihter.

When that's done I'd fix the headlights and taillights. Maybe use high wattage bulbs for the front. No need for xenon. Add some "foglamps". And thats it.

Now for the interior... Maybe a racing steering wheel? Some nice seats, maybe get rid of the bench in the back and replace it with two bucket seats, for a real 4 seater. Add some nice speakers with tweeters, a six disc CD changer and a decent stereo. Nice.

Maybe someday I'll get to do this. Maybe. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)