Monday, April 18, 2005

Road Trip Blues

Its been years now since I've been on a road trip. Well, one year actually. But that was because I was driving home from Naga with my folks, after graduation.

Yes, I graduated in Naga. Ateneo de Naga University, BS Digital Illustration and Animation. But I digress.

Used to be every summer I'd go on a road trip with my folks. We'd hop in a vehicle and drive off to Ilocos. Pass through Tuguegarao, turn off to Aparri, make a u-turn and head to Pagudpud. That was the last Ilocos road trip I took. Best one also since I got to see a lot of sights.

I miss those days, bonding with my folks. Discovering new sights and beauties in the Philippines that I didn't know existed. The Philippines actually has a hell of a lot of great old churches. Spanish era designs, beautiful red brick. Mostly in the north. In the south the churches are gray. But oh, the north.

Iguig, Sarrat, Vigan, just some towns with great churches. Lets not forget Tuguegarao. Another great place. I miss those times when we'd go sightseeing. Even saw the Luna house in Ilocos. Amazing.

But those days are gone now. Not because we don't do it anymore but because I'm working already, and finding time to take a leave is hard. But soon I will find time to go on a road trip again. Hopefully with my parents, but if not with them then hopefully with good friends.

Road trip blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)