Sunday, August 25, 2024

[1091] Discipline and Physical Health

I've been blogging lately about my continued attempts to achieve a healthier lifestyle to extend my health span. I will admit it is very challenging for someone like me.

I love to eat, and when things aren't going my way I tend to eat to make me feel better. Not only that, but I also have times during the week when I decide I'll eat a bit more just so I don't start feeling bad.

Here's the thing, though. No matter what happens I have to push myself to do at least three or four exercises a week. It used to be walks, jogs, and or a bike ride. Recently I've started incorporating kettlebell high intensity interval trainings or to change things up some kettlebell complexes.

I can't say I'm at my strongest or healthiest. I think I'm way to far gone from my physical prime, and my joints are starting to ache. What I can do is to push through and keep my discipline so I can improve the quality of body.

Like I wrote in a previous blog, I'm after quality of life, flexibility, mobility, and independence as I (hopefully) reach my golden years.

Out.