Sunday, August 18, 2024

[1089] Car Mods

I've been recently discussing with a friend about quality of life modifications I'd like to do to a car. Here are some modifications I've thought about, as well as why I'd want them.

  • Better car horn. Some cars just have really weak sounding (both quality and loudness of the sound) horns. I think a simple upgrade to better sounding and louder horns might help improve making the car more "visible" by being heard better, if you understand what I mean. I'm actually liking PIAA Superior Bass Horns myself.
  • Fog lamps for the front and a rear fog light. I've noticed quite a number of newer model cars have white headlamps. I guess this is okay for normal days, but on days when the rain is heavy I think having yellow-ish fog lamps may help improve visibility, specially when you can't find a place to stop to let the rain weaken. This goes the same with a rear fog light, added visibility for those heavy rainfall days just so your car can be seen even in bad weather.
  • Front and rear HD dash cam. Just in case.
  • Better speakers and maybe a new head unit and amplifier. Again I have no more ideas about radios and how easy it is to replace them or upgrade them. I guess a safer bet would be to get better quality speakers and even add an amplifier to make the sound quality better. Throw in a pair of tweeters too for better audio. Just not a subwoofer since that may take up space inside the cargo compartment of the vehicle.
  • Upgraded suspension, even an adjustable coilover kit. No, I don't want to lower a vehicle. In fact, I want to raise it by two or three centimeters to improve ground clearance. Or depending on what car we're talking about lower it a bit. Better ground clearance and slightly stiffer suspension for improved handling.
  • Aftermarket rims. It may be the same size as the stock rims or it could be +1 for better handling. Rims will make the car more unique and if I do get +1 it can help with ride handling at the expense of comfort.
That's basically it. If you notice the first three modifications I listed are safety related, and those are also my priority modifications should I have the opportunity to modify a car. Safety first.

Out.