Wednesday, November 29, 2023

[1034] Looking Back on November 2023

I don't usually do a retrospective of the past month, but I sort of feel like doing one now.

During the last weekend of October we drove over to Lucena to visit my aunt who had cancer. My wife always made it a point to remind me to visit my aunt. We had lunch on Sunday, and since we were staying with my folks for three days, we went a bit later on Monday and had merienda with her.

We got her chocolate ice cream, she was very delighted and ate a lot. Asked for a second serving, and even mixed some cake we brought the day before. That Monday one of my cousins also went to Lucena to visit her.

That week of Nov 1 she was visited again by my other cousins and their mom and dad. Spent an afternoon with her before driving back.

November 6 my uncle told me when he went to check on her she was so radiant and talkative, a far cry from how she usually behaved. She was so upbeat that he had to excuse himself instead of the usual other way around.

Early November 7 my aunt passed away.

I think I'm just repeating an earlier blog but I'm just processing my thoughts. I miss my aunt. I miss visiting her and chatting with her and telling her I'd be back so please buy some good food.

The rest of November was a blur. I can't believe it will be December in a few days.

Out.