Wednesday, November 22, 2023

[1033] Car Daydream

I've sort of narrowed down what four types of used cars I would consider. These were mostly aided by advice from the owner of the car shop we send our cars to for maintenance and repairs.

Basically the owner told me that Toyota's Vios and Yaris are good cars to consider. Veer away from buy and sell, and always ask for service records. When I asked if the Honda Jazz was a good option he also said it was.

So there you have it. I'll be narrowing my search to either a Toyota Vios, Yaris, or Honda Jazz. I'd like to get them as new as possible, maybe anything older than 2011. Of course I also need it to be an automatic since that would be the best option for a fuel efficient daily driver in Metro Manila conditions.

Engine size isn't a big deal for me anymore with those three options. Their smallest engines are 1.3L here and the biggest is 1.5L so hopefully it's not much of a difference with regards to fuel efficiency.

There's also the wildest of the wild cars, the Japan surplus DA17V Suzuki Every Van that has been on my dream car wishlist since a few months ago. The biggest hurdle here would be the fact that it is a right-hand drive conversion so a lot of quality of life features will still be for right hand drive.

Features like the wipers will be oriented for right-hand drive. The light and wiper stalks will be reversed. If the side mirrors are power adjust the angles will also be for right-hand drive. The hood opener and gas tank opener switches will be on the right side. If there's one thing I could change there it would be the wiper and signal light switches. That's the biggest thing i want converted to left-hand drive, second would be the wipers for better visibility in the rain.

Out.