Monday, November 13, 2023

[1032] Thoughts

I was never looking for glory or acknowledgement when I heard some relatives tell me it was a good idea I asked my cousins to visit our aunt who passed away recently.

Truth be told I honestly didn't want to tell them to do anything. I'm not the type of person who does that, specially to my relatives. Like my uncle said, I may have had a gut feeling that made me go out of my way to message one of my cousins and give her a certain sense of urgency about visiting our aunt.

And they did visit her. A week before she passed a lot of people suddenly went to Lucena to visit her and have lunch with her. She saw the daughter of one of our cousins. She ate a lot of ice cream. She was happy.

My uncle told me the Monday before my aunt passed that she was so happy and talkative talking to him. She was saying how many people visited her and was also recalling stories of the Vietnam adventures of her other cousins.

Then she passed away that night.

I never asked my cousins to visit to get credit. I wanted them to visit because I knew it would make my aunt happy. And like I keep telling the cousin I was close to, dying alone sucks.

Out.