Thursday, March 30, 2023

[980] Possible Filler Car Post Errata

I've been doing some reading over at autodeal's website about the Mitsubishi Mirage versus the Suzuki Celerio. I guess this has something to do with yesterday's blog post where I chose the Celerio over the Mirage.

Anyway I re-read autodeal's Mitsubishi Mirage review as well as their review of the Suzuki Celerio. Aside from the reviews I've also checked out the comparison between the two cars. I'm suddenly not so sure about my choice.

The Celerio is the newer model with the newer look and it is more fuel efficient around the city. However from what I've read it is a bit underpowered when trying to overtake in the highway. Now I'm not planning on going on road trips too much and I don't really drive like a bat out of hell when I do go on the highway so this shouldn't be a big deal.

The Mirage does have a bigger engine so it has more power and more torque, which makes it a bit more practical on highways, while making it a bit less fuel efficient in both city and highway drives.

Is that really a great big deal though? I'm guessing I won't be achieving the reported fuel economy figures anyway since there's a big chance the car will have more passengers and cargo plus a different driving style from the person that reviewed the two cars.

While the Mirage is more expensive than the Celerio, I'm starting to lean more on the former than the latter. One of the biggest reasons is bang for the buck. From what I've read while the Celerio has these new modern features like an engine start/stop system and the hill-climb assist system it also mentioned that the start/stop system wasn't as advanced as in other cars.

One more concern I realized I have is that the more high tech features a car has it could also mean it has more chances to break, so maybe a simpler car might be the better choice long term. Specially if the  high tech features are relatively new and not as refined.

So what am I saying? I'm basically saying I can't make up my mind, but the Mirage is now inching the Celerio out of the spot of cars I'd get if I could afford them. The Wigo still stays there just because of the price.

Out.