Thursday, March 23, 2023

[978] Serious Filler Bike Post

I think I've finally decided on the priorities I have for my bike upgrades. This has been done with great consideration on lots of things, and I will blog about it right now. Here are the upgrades in order of priority.

  1. Brake calipers. Safety is my biggest priority right now, and I really want to get a set of good brake calipers than can help me stop a lot better than the brake calipers I have right now. As of writing my two main targets are either the SRAM Avid BB7 Road Calipers or the TRP Spyre post mount caliper. I honestly think both will give me the stopping power I am looking for as long as I buy good quality brake pads as well. A distant third option would be Juintech just because I have no idea where to buy their hybrid brake calipers and be assured that I got actual Juintechs and not some knock off.
  2. Wheelset and tires. Again with safety in mind. I want a lighter, more durable wheelset with better tires than what I have at the moment. I'd rather assemble my own wheels, buying rims, spokes, and hubs separately. However I'd rather not buy these online, if you catch my drift. As for tires, I honestly think since I'm just a casual cyclist I will be fine with a 35mm wide all-around gravel tire. I have no idea what brands as of yet, I just know I'd like to have original components for these.
Come to think of it I only have these two as priority upgrades I want. The new fork I want is mostly for aesthetics.

Out.