Monday, March 06, 2023

[975] Car Decision Matrix

Last January I blogged about creating a car decision matrix so that I can make an informed decisions once I decide to actually get a second-hand car. So what happened?

Life happened. Many unexpected factors happened that made me lessen the priority of looking for a practical used car. Don't get me wrong, I still hope to eventually get a practical second-hand car for daily use.

There are other, more important things going on right now that I need to focus on. Hopefully once I'm done with these I still have a budget for that second-hand car.

I also keep getting new opinions that are also affecting my ever-moving goalposts of what kind of car I want. I may have to include factoring in the car's age, as much as this will lessen my options. I've heard that with the current crop of cars most of the issues start showing up on five-year old cars and older.

So I may seriously consider narrowing my search to relatively newer cars, we shall see.

Out.