Thursday, January 26, 2023

[967] Pushing Myself

I've been able to do three jogs a week of my previously posted about new zone 2 training routine. It's been erratic when I actually do it, I just make sure I do at least 3 of them a week. I'm hoping I can eventually increase it to 4, maybe when it's a bit warmer and the sun rises earlier.

I don't mind the cool weather at the moment, but it's been a real challenge to get myself to go out. It also doesn't help that there are areas in my route where it's really dark so I have to change my pace and be careful.

I'm surprised I'm able to complete three laps, even more surprising is completing my minimum distance jogged per lap. I guess I just have to be mindful of my pace because I've noticed the past two or three sessions I've been going a bit faster with my pace.

I'm not sure going faster is good, I'd rather establish my pace at a somewhat slow but steady one. If I'm reading my data right I'm averaging around 9kmh when I jog, and I think I should tone that down to around 8kmh or so.

I'm after consistency in my pace so I can eventually increase the distance jogged. Maybe in a few weeks. We'll see, I guess.

Out.


Edit (28 Jan 2023)

It seems that I really need to slow down when I jog because I'm going at a pace that isn't in zone 2 anymore. I guess this will take practice and months to get right.

Out (again).