Thursday, January 05, 2023

[963] Car Decision Matrix Part 2: Cars

I posted yesterday about the "car decision matrix" I'm planning on creating. Thinking about it now I've decided to list down cars I'm considering to add to the list. So here are the used cars I'm considering.

The hatchbacks. Toyota Wigo, Mitsubishi Mirage, Honda Jazz, Suzuki Swift, and the Toyota Yaris. I'm not that hopeful about the latter three though since the Jazz listings I've seen have relatively expensive and older options. The Swift has a smaller displacement engines available, and the Yaris are mostly older models. I'm just including them to widen the net.

The sedans. Toyota Vios and Honda City. I've heard and read positive things about both cars, and while I won't limit myself to the 1.3L Vios, there are more listings of the 1.5L Honda City that sell for almost the same price. Of course they're also a few years older.

The family haulers. Honda Mobilio and Suzuki Ertiga. I've seen some of these being sold within my budget and have also considered these simply because in the event my parents will be going out with us we can all still fit in relative comfort inside these cars. Plus they've got bigger storage space whether the third row seats are folded up or down.

So there are nine cars I will be considering, and a couple of cars I decided not to consider. The cars I've decided against are mostly Kias, Hyundais, and the Honda Brio and Suzuki Celerio. I'm not that big a fan of the Brio because it doesn't have the magic seat system the Honda Jazz has.

Out.