Saturday, February 04, 2023

[968] Bike Gear

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, and because I need to have filler blog posts to force myself to keep writing, I am blogging yet again about bike gear I would love to have, February 2023 edition. These are the things I will take with me when I ride my bike. So here we go.

  1. Lezyne V Pro-13 multi-tool. You'll need a handy multi-tool just in case something happens while riding the bike. The V Pro-13 has an assortment of hex wrenches, a Philips head screwdriver, and a torx head or two. Plus it also has a valve core tool and a quick link holder. Almost everything I would need for emergencies.
  2. Silca Impero Ultimate Frame Pump. Find the right size and place it under my bike's top tube. There's something old school about having a frame pump. I'll probably have to buy one or two velcro straps to make sure it doesn't fall off, in case the pump doesn't come with straps. Based off of the images though it appears to have a strap so you can strap it to your bike's top tube or seat tube.
  3. Velo Orange 700c 38mm Smooth Fenders (Noir color). I've realized that running 38mms tires on my bike is pretty much "useless" since I haven't gone on gravel and more importantly I haven't done any long rides. I've decided next time I switch tires it will be within the range of 32mm to 35mm. Meaning cyclocross tires or thinner gravel tires. These fenders will add weight yes but will also add to the retro look of my bike.
  4. Topeak Uni Super Tourist DX rear bike rack with pannier mounts. In the event I actually do go bikepacking or on long rides having a rear rack to mount bags will be of great help. Even better with this rack is that I can mount rear lights on it.
  5. Road Runner California Burrito handlebar bag. I'll need something to place the multi-tool and other emergency stuff in, and this would be a nice bag. I already have a handlebar bag but since I'm just daydreaming I might as well replace it with a better looking one.
So before you wonder why I'm getting a handlebar bag and just putting a multi-tool in it, I'll also put other things there. Most likely a space inner tube, patch kits, a wallet, and other stuff I may need for a long ride. Even a power bank to recharge my phone.

First things first I need to start braving public roads.

Out.