Monday, February 20, 2023

[972] Memories

This will be a bit of a softie blog post so be warned.

I was with some relatives yesterday as we had a small reunion because one of my first cousins is moving to England to follow his fiancée, who is working there already. As always before the "end" of the get together we all gathered around a certain spot in my uncle's house and had a few group photos.

The problem for me was 1) one of my other first cousins had left way earlier because she had to go to a meeting, and 2) we spent the whole afternoon hanging out and enjoying each other's company but we took so little photographs.

We live in a digital age where taking photos is so easy and storing them even easier. I just wish I could be a bit more active taking random, even candid, shots of people during get togethers. Even better, I should probably try taking some videos as well.

I want to have memories of people, and while photos are great I think videos would be even better. Why? Because you can hear people speak. You can leave these memories behind for future generations to see. How did this guy sound like? What was her laugh like? All these memories while I may remember them and cherish them in my mind, there is no way to share them to other people.

Specially now that it is getting easier and easier to store and share these memories.

ps I guess I'm liking helvetica as the default font of this blog because trebuchet sure doesn't look like it to me.

Out.