Wednesday, December 28, 2022

[960] Cars I'm Interested In - End of 2022 Edition

Full disclosure: I saw that I had 65 blog posts and will now try to blog enough to reach 69. So be prepared for a lot of filler posts, maybe multiple posts in one day.

Now I'm not saying I can afford to buy a new car, but if I did these are the cars I'd seriously take a look at. Points for consideration for me, as always, are reliability, practicality, fuel efficiency, and size. I want an affordable, nice looking, decent-sized, reliable car that isn't a gas guzzler. Bonus points for having a paint color that I think is high visibility, meaning white, yellow, and maybe orange.

I'm also considering that it will be mostly just for my wife, my daughter, and myself. I also have chosen vehicles that are all automatic transmission, because it will really suck to drive stick in traffic here in Metro Manila.

So here we go with my list. I'll be writing them down in order of preference, meaning first car is the one I want the most and the last car is the "least" of the cars I'd want.

  1. Suzuki Celerio GL AGS. Arctic white pearl color. This car has skyrocketed into the top of my list. It's got everything I want. Small, fuel efficient, practical, and an automatic transmission. Perfect for driving in the city, with just the right size for small parking spaces. Looks capable enough to take for long-ish drives to the province. If we need more space? Add a roof rack.
  2. Toyota Wigo 1.0 VVT-I G AT. Yellow SE color. I have the exact same reasons why I like the Wigo as the Celerio, except this one is one I could probably afford the most. From what I've read though the Celerio has even better fuel efficiency versus the Wigo which is why this falls to number two.
  3. Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2 GLX CVT. Titanium Grey Metallic. Yet another hatchback, and also the same reasons as the Celerio and Wigo. This falls to number 3 just because it's pretty expensive, not as expensive as the Celerio I think, but I like the Celerio most.
  4. Toyota Yaris 1.5 S CVT. Citrus Mica Metallic. Pricey car at over PhP1M, but I do love a hatchback and this is bigger than the Celerio and the Wigo. The Honda Jazz isn't being sold here anymore and I'm not really interested in Mazda, Chevy, or other brands that have this size hatchback. Plus I'm really biased about Toyotas because of "reliability" (even if our Toyotas are starting to need more maintenance, but they're at least ten year old cars) and parts availability.
  5. Hyundai Stargazer 1.5 Premium GLS IVT. Creamy White Pearl. This leaps over the Suzuki XL7 and Toyota Avanza, Rush, and Honda BRV just because it looks so cool. It also has CVT and hopefully that means great fuel economy. It's also the biggest car on my list, which makes this an ideal city and road trip car.
  6. Toyota Vios 1.5 G CVT. White Pearl Crystal Shine. It's a non-hatchback Yaris, that's basically it.

Other cars I've considered when browsing used car lists:

  • I have no idea what happened to the Kia Picanto but when I check various local websites they're only selling the 1.2L manual model.
  • The Kia Rio hatchback looks nice but isn't as fuel efficient from what I've read.
  • Hyundai Accent (either diesel or petrol) have decent reviews but not a fan of the look.
  • I'm not sure how fuel efficient or reliable the Chevy Spark is, though I've read some mixed reviews about it.
  • Chinese car brands are on my radar but I share the same reasons with the Chevy Spark why I don't seriously consider them.
Anyway I have no idea why I blogged this, it's not like I can afford to borrow money for a brand new car. I'd rather look for a well used second-hand car that's not that old, to be honest. Probably way cheaper.

Out.