Saturday, December 10, 2022

[956] "Mods" I Would Put On A Car

Again using quotation marks on "mods" since these will be either aesthetic or practical mods, or both.

  • Rain visors for the windows. If I understand how they work, you can basically open the windows a small amount and not have rain get in the car. Probably useful when the windows fog up and you need to de-fog them. Of course you do have vents for the front window and a defogger for the rear window. Do these rain visors help with aerodynamics? I have no idea.
  • Improved antenna, either shark's fin or traditional telescoping metal rod. None of those rubber antennas that eventually droop due to baking in the hot sun. This will hopefully make sure that you can get AM/FM signals almost anywhere when you decide not to pair your phone with...
  • Bluetooth Android Auto / Apple Car Play ready head unit. This was I can pair my phone to the in car entertainment system and listen to tunes I like rather than random songs the radio station plays.
  • Window tints. I don't want the dark tints, what I do want are the quality UV blocking tints that can keep visibility nearly as great as a window without a tint.
I'd basically leave it at that. Rims are too expensive and are definitely optional, and a manual air pump isn't exactly a mod. Those four bullet points I listed are things I would most definitely purchase for a car to help improve the "quality of life" inside the car when I am driving around.

Out.