Saturday, May 14, 2011

On Working

Motivational quotes adorn the walls of my office. Some tackle inspiration, some about loving your job, and some about working hard.

The optimist in me wants to believe in them. The pessimist in me thinks its all bullshit.

Take the quote where if you love your job it doesn't become a job at all. As nice as that seems I think it's also a false statement. Why? No matter how much you love your job, if you can't afford to pay for your bills and buy other "luxuries" then it's not really that great, right? Can anyone here tell me they'd enjoy working for a job that makes them downgrade their lifestyle?

Sometimes I even wonder if I can survive on a simpler lifestyle. Sometimes I envy the others who seem to live simpler lives than me, yet also seem to be happier. But then I realize, each and every one of us has a different personality. We all have different backgrounds.

We can all be idealistic about how much we love our job. And I do love my job up to a certain extent. But let's not sling shit around, shall we? I've got bills to pay, dreams to achieve, and honestly I don't think I can achieve it at the rate I'm going.

Yes, I am more of a pessimist than an optimist. Because whenever I see those motivational quotes on the wall, I just sigh and think to myself, "Yeah right." Those people who came up with those quotes weren't born in today's times. Now its all about the money. Because now, more than before, money is the driving force of many people.

But don't get me wrong, I do enjoy my job. I'll even go so far as to say I love it. But love won't pay the bills.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)