Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thankful

Am I thankful...

That I am not in the situation of the lady I saw walking down the street? Trying to earn a living selling sampaguita necklaces and peanuts everyday. Rain or shine. Sick or well. Good times or bad. Risking one's health (and to a lesser extent one's life) just to make enough to feed oneself and other dependent people. Not able to enjoy the things in life that I take for granted.

That I have a "home" to come home to. That I have electricity, running water, clean water, wifi, an HD ready TV with cable, a PS3, a laptop, a nice phone, and food?

That I have a lovely wife bearing my soon-to-be born daughter? A wife who will always be there for me and who puts up with my pissy attitude and my constant mood swings.

Yes. Yes, I am thankful. I may not show it all the time but I do remember what I have and for that I am thankful.

There are many more things to be thankful for. So many things that I'd rather not write it down, or else it might make this entry a long and boring and sentimental post.

Just know that I am thankful.

But that does not mean I am satisfied. I want to better my life. I want to improve the situation my family and I are in. I want more.

But I will always be thankful. I always have to remember to be thankful.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)