Saturday, October 09, 2010

Craving for Kinalas

It's been almost seven years since I last had Kinalas. Kinalas is a noodle soup dish I tasted in Naga City. The most basic way I can describe it is mami noodles and meat in a broth and thick sauce that looks like palabok sauce. Spring onions and toasted garlic is added as a garnish.

Oh, and there is a meat free kinalas called luglug. It's just the noodles, broth, sauce and garnishes.

I honestly have no idea how it is made. If you ask me, the secret's in the sauce. That marvelous sauce.

Kinalas is comfort food for me. It is warm, filling, and tasty. I can eat it on a rainy day, or I can eat it on a hot day. I can eat it as a snack, or as a meal. I usually eat kinalas with one hard-boiled egg.

What makes eating kinalas in Naga City even better is that the broth and sauce is bottomless. Yes, bottomless. You can have as much sauce and broth as you want. There are times when I order kinalas and immediately ask for extra broth and sauce. Then I slurp up all the soup and sauce and pour in a new batch. Perfect.

An even better combination I have is kinlas with egg, toasted siopao, and Royal Tru-Orange (local orange soda). This is the combo I usually have when I dine alone. I take my sweet time enjoying everything I am eating.

It's just too bad that I don't know any place in Metro Manila that serves kinalas. Even worse is the fact that I never bothered to learn how to cook it so I can cook it for myself.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)