Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Budget

Anything's possible with proper budgeting. Right now I just don't know how to do that.

Sure I split my salary into personal and family, with different but set amounts. But that doesn't really help that much.

I get by every month without a deficit, true, but I also don't end up with any savings for myself. Don't get me wrong, my wife and I manage to save for us, but to save for me is a bit of a stretch. Perhaps it's time I took some cost-saving measures that I used to do.

I should start bringing packed lunch from home again. Because this wouldn't tap into money for me since this would be part of the money for the household. Either that or I should start buying from cheaper alternatives.

Plus I should always be vigilant and make sure that I do not do any sudden splurging. And I should always keep myself disciplined with respect to my personal expenses.

Out.

2 comments:

  1. Bah... I really have to think of a budget soon myself. It makes me feel better to read that others need to do the same :)

    Packed lunch saves a lot of money, in norwegian we call it 'matpakke'- directly translated 'food package'.

    Yeah, I know.
    Sure I don't know why I comment a random blog either, I should be doing my homework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I don't mind the comment. It's nice to find out that people read my blog.

    In the Philippines a packed lunch is loosely translated as "baon."

    Good luck on your homework.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)