Tuesday, November 02, 2010

New Car Wishlist

You've seen what I've done before. List down vehicles I'd want to own. Well now it's a bit different. This time I'm listing down cars I can afford right now. Well not totally afford but assuming that one of my folks' cars are sold and I can use the money as down payment. Why am I assuming this? Because I'd rather pay extra for a car that I will primarily use rather than let my folks get a really small car (ex. Suzuki Celerio or Hyundai i10).

This is the list I came up with. This list is from most wanted to least. I am basing the cost of each vehicle on the October 2010 Buyer's Guide of C! Magazine.

1. Ford Fiesta 1.6L 5-dr Trend Powershift. Yes, surprisingly this is my first choice. It's a hatchback and it's relatively small but I think it has the most bang for the buck. It's a totally new design, it looks nice, and it's got a 1.6L engine, so power is definitely not lacking. The only difference between this and the top-of-the-line Fiesta is that this has only 1 airbag. My biggest concern here is how spacious this is.

2. Honda Jazz 1.3L (A/T). Yes it seems underpowered, but if it's just a city car this would also do well. This is more spacious than the Fiesta, I'm guessing, plus its a Honda so reliability is not an issue. However this is more expensive than the Fiesta.

3. Toyota Yaris (A/T). Top of the line Yaris is the same price as the Ford Fiesta I like. The deciding factor here would be the space. And I still like the Honda Jazz more than this, just because the Jazz seems more spacious.

4. Honda City 1.3S (A/T). Also a pretty expensive option, but looks-wise very nice. The reason the Honda City is 4th is that it is not a hatchback. Right now I prefer hatchbacks, mainly because I think hatchbacks are more spacious.

5. Toyota Vios 1.3E (A/T). Same reasons with the Honda City, although this is cheaper. The only reason the City is ahead of the Vios is because the City looks better.

Wild cards: Hyundai Accent GL (M/T) & Kia Rio 1.4 Sedan (A/T). Two Korean wild cards. The Accent's advantage being that it's a diesel, while the Rio has the automatic transmission advantage. I've been inside both cars (lots of taxis using these two cars) and I like the way they look inside too. It is kinda cramped, but who can complain? The diesel intrigues me, because of how much torque it has. Plus it has been a while since I last drove a stick shift.

That's it. My choices. What do you think?

Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)