Sunday, November 28, 2010

Random Thoughts (Again)

Here we go...

The jackpot for the Philippines Grand Lotto has gotten to around PhP640M. That's roughly USD12M. Lots of people have been queuing up and placing their bets. All hoping to win that money and improve their way of life.

You can include me in that group. Unfortunately I really doubt I'd win that. The odds are against me (imagine how many six-digit combinations you can come up with using the numbers 1 - 55). I most likely don't deserve to win it because of many different, illogical reasons. Like the fact that in my head I've already spent the money on a lot of things that will help me improve my life. Or maybe God doesn't think I should win it since I'm already blessed with a decent paying job.

But whatever happens, whoever wins that jackpot will be one lucky person.

* * *

It is now time to focus on a pick-up truck. Yes, a pick-up truck. This is now the option my folks are considering as their next vehicle.

I have no problems with a pick-up. In fact I'm rather curious how it feels to drive one. I do know that after having discussions about pick-ups with my friends who've had the experience of driving in them, I can expect a few minor mods to the vehicles.

Like making sure the tires on the pickups can provide decent grip not only in dry weather but also during wet weather. I've heard of a story from my friend who said he could not move his pick-up up a ramp heading into a mall parking area because it was raining and the ground was wet. He had to ask his date to drive it up while he bounced around the back just so he could add extra weight so the tires would grip. Or maybe it's because that was a 4x2 and the rear was empty hence no traction.

Then it would also be important to make sure the headlights are bright enough. But not blinding to oncoming traffic.

And of course one must purchase the necessary anti-theft gear for the pick-up.

* * *

Well I guess that's all I have in mind right now.

I'd write more but I'm just borrowing my wife's netbook.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)