Friday, January 15, 2010

Adjustments

I've been married for one week and one day. We've been living in the condo for almost one week. Things have been going steady so far. We've had ups and downs, mostly ups if you ask me.

I'm still in a period of adjustment with the current way I'm living. Walking to work has certainly been a very different experience from what I'm usually used to. Despite the fact that I am living way closer to work than before, I wake up way earlier. I also leave the house earlier, but then that's because this year our office has decided to make office hours start around half an hour earlier than normal. SO it's a win-win situation.

I still can't believe that I'm actually a family man now. My priorities have changed, and so has a lot of my responsibilities. I can honestly say that I never expected that so much of what my parents taught me about actually sank in my brain. Because now that I'm "on my own" so to speak, I'm suddenly behaving the way they wanted me to behave when I was back home.

It's an amazing new chapter in my life. Yet I still miss the past. While it's true I can still go home to visit, it will be totally different now.

I welcome this change. Because deep down I know that if I keep clinging on to my comfort zones I will never grow and I will never achieve my dreams.

Out.

Edit: ORIGINALLY WRITTEN ON JANUARY 14, 2010 AT AROUND 10PM. DUE TO THE INCOMPATIBILITY OF GLOBE TATTOO WITH MY LAPTOP I COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET TO POST THIS BLOG.

1 comment:

  1. If only there's a like button here- I would've pressed it; I totally agree with you, you can only apply what you have learned from your parents once you're out on your own. :) God bless you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)