Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Musings of an Idle Mind

I've experienced a lot of things in life, some good and some bad, but all of them were interesting experiences. Some of them I never expected to actually encounter while there are some I'm still waiting to experience. Who knows?

Anyway right now I actually feel like I am "evolving" in terms of the way I think and the way I act. It may not seem obvious to anyone else but I can see it. I can't even tell you how I feel like I'm evolving, just that I seem to be having a change of priorities. Not just a change of priorities but a change in my outlook in life.

Call it weird but my behavior changes depending on who I'm with. Maybe it's with my current group of officemates but it seems like I seem to be taking on more responsibilities. I seem to be less emotional at work. Changes in the project don't seem to affect me as negatively as they did before.

I don't know if this is because I'm at a new job or maybe because I've gotten so used to sudden and irrational (and maybe sometimes nearly impossible) revisions from my old job. Local TV commercials are a bitch to create. Trust me.

I encountered almost all kinds of clients at my old job. Art directors who have no direction, account executives who act like art directors, directors who go on vacation to Palawan when they know that the shit hit the fan and the team needed them now more than ever. I used to be quite emotional whenever I had to do changes to what I was doing in the project. Like what my officemate once said, I used to throw a "hissy fit" once I found out the revisions but after 10 - 30 minutes I'd just shut up and do the revisions.

Now, in my new job, I don't even react "violently" when I hear the revisions. I just nod my head, formulate a solution, then I act on it. Strange. Maybe I have grown up after all. Maybe because it's a new environment, one where more responsibilities are being thrown my way that is the cause of my sudden "maturity." I have no idea. But I am not complaining.

If this is the next step for me, then great. I have noticed that I have been working more efficiently and more productively since I changed jobs. It may be because I am in a different field now than before. I still do 3D but now it's not for TV commercials. Who knows?

I don't know if I might revert back to my old self. I hope not. I doubt it either.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)