Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Many Looks of Gani Nañagas

Every once in a while it is very important to stop, take some time off, and look back at where you came from. Just to find out if you are heading in the direction you really want to go.

That seems to be happening to me right now, and I have to say that despite the fact that my life currently has lots of ups and downs I am definitely where I want to be right now.

I was browsing my seldom used Friendster account and I realized that I've had so many hairstyles in the past four years. Here are some of them, not in chronological order...

There was a time I was either growing my hair real long, or I had just had it cut into a shorter version of what i was. I can't remember which one this was but I still like this look up to now. My hair is relatively long (but not long enough for me - haha) in this photo but still short enough that with enough hair product I can masquerade it for formal events.


Then there was the time my hair was the longest it's ever been my entire life. I'd grown my hair long (meaning I could ponytail it) thrice but managed to sustain that length for only a few months. This was, like I said, the longest I got it to. Looking back I guess I was a bit on the big side to consider keeping this look. It was fun, though. Maybe if I lost my huge stomach I could go back to this look again.


Then there was the "politician look" I had. This was for the wedding of my girlfriend's older sister. This was probably best suited if I always kept my hair slicked back with hair product. Sadly I don't do that. But this isn't a bad look, if I may say so myself.


The last pic I want to share is the time I had my head shaved. This is the most recent pic, of that I am most sure. I did this because it was around summertime and I was feeling hot.


I am pretty impulsive when it comes to my hair. I usually go extremes with it - either very long or very short. It is a big deal for me to grow it long, I've always wanted to have a ponytail. But when times dictate that I cannot have it, I tried going with the semi-long hair. When that didn't work I had my hair shaved off.

What was the point of this exercise? Nothing special. Just looking back at my life.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)