Friday, February 02, 2007

Stranger Than Fiction

Last night I went out with some high school buddies and watched the movie, Stranger Than Fiction, which starred Will Ferrell (did I get that right?), Emma Thompson (again, did I get that right?), Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifa, and this cute girl.

I did not expect a movie with Will Ferrell to be like that.

This movie was refreshing. Not too many clichés that I've seen from other movies. It was a comedy, and it was not a comedy. It was a thinking movie that didn't really get you thinking too much. It was just right.

Just right.

The ending became sort of cliché but it was good for the movie. It was a feelgood movie.

One thing that stood out in the movie, which not too many people may know, was the effects. They had some graphics (I'm not sure about the effects term but I think it was similar to motion graphics or something), and that really got my attention. They enhanced the movie, never overpowering a scene but adding to the story nonetheless.

That's how special effects should be.

Anyway I am not a movie critic and I do not want to appear like a movie critic. All I can say is watch the movie. It will be worth your money.

On a side note, it was fun to get together with some high school classmates. Reminisce about the old days and update one another about what's going on in our lives. To see all of us now working is not something I expected to experience (for reasons which shall remain mine, and mine alone).

That's basically it.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)