Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Caffeine, Glorious Caffeine

It all started last Sunday night.

In an attempt to get a nice night's sleep, I decided to play a game of NBA 2K7 on my trusty PS2, and have some green tea. The tea was so good, in fact, that I decided to have another.

That was that and the game was over (I won). Then I lay down on my bed and tried to sleep. This was around 11pm. I tossed. And turned. And tossed and turned. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Midnight. Toss, turn, repeat. Get up for a glass of water, use the loo, toss, turn, repeat.

1am. Same old, same old.

2am. See above.

Finally I think I fell asleep at 3am. Then I woke up at 6:30am for work. The day was going slowly and around 3pm I fell asleep. Fortunately I was just rendering so I didn't really have anything to do. My officemate, Hec, and I decided to go the local Starbucks for a cup of whatever was strong enough to wake us up. Apparently Hec was also feeling sleepy.

Enter the tall Caramel Machiatto double shot. Not bad. Wide awake.

Fast forward to late at night. Still couldn't sleep. Slept earlier than Sunday night, around 1am.

And now here I am. I've downed two cups of cappucino from the vending machine, at separate times. They keep me going but the drain after the initial rush is getting worse.

So how will I stay awake? More coffee, please. Vicious cycle, really.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)