Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Pre-Valentines Post

Last Saturday, while having dinner at Gilligan's Alabang Town Center with my girlfriend of eight (count 'em - eight) years I decided to take a picture of Maica using my handy, yet sorta annoying, k750i phone. And I decided to use her picture as my wallpaper.

Big mistake.

Ever since Maica left for the US last year to try and find a job, I've missed her more and realized how much more important she is in my life. Now she's back here I feel better, but a few days ago she told me she might have to go back to the States. Damn.

Now I can always look at her, but I miss her even more if I just look at the picture.

This may sound cheesy to some but the urge to settle down has and is continuing to get stronger in my head. Yes, settle down. Get married, have kids, live our own lives.

But I can't do that here, not with the way the country is going.

Manny Pacquiao will be running for office. So will Richard Gomez, Teri Onor, and a whole slew of "actors" and "actresses" who know nothing of governing people. They're all in it for the money. Sigh. Politics is a way to get rich in this country, to hell with the people.

So I want to settle down but not here. I hear you get better chances to immigrate to Canada if you're married. Hmm.

Out.

1 comment:

  1. totoo yang comment mo about the star-factor ng politics dito sa pinas, kaka-badtrip na nga eh... konting tiis at kayod pa ganz... you'll get there...k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)