Friday, April 21, 2006

Back to My Roots

I felt this strange urge today when I woke up. Like I wanted to do something I haven't done in a really long time.

So while I was picking which clothes to wear to work today I suddenly grabbed my really old blue and white checkered/plaid long sleeve polo shirt. The one I used to wear in HIGH SCHOOL. And instead of wearing it buttoned I wore it open over this black t-shirt I own. Then I was even looking for my "old school" Doc Martens. But they were too busted for me to risk wearing for a full day.

Plus I also decided not to tie my hair up today. Just leave it like it is. Add to that the fact that I haven't shaved for almost two whole weeks now and you've got a recipe for a grunge rock star. Which was the exact reaction I got from my officemates. Ranging from "American Idol" to "Eddie Veder". Which I didn't mind. In fact, I found it quite amusing.

But there's a reason why I dressed up like this. I've forgotten where I came from. Hell I even listened to my old Black Sabbath tunes I used to listen to in high school while I was working on the project here in the office.

So I dressed up like it was 1997 and I listened to music from the 70s. What's the point in all this? Nothing. It just feels good to go back to my roots, even for a day.

Because nothing beats stress than doing something you totally want to do. And to be quite honest I am quite stressed. Stressed about a lot of things. Stress that happens to someone who seems to a lot of things to think about. But that's for another day, another blog.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)