Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I Must Be God... And Other Ramblings


Urban Grafitti - Pinoy Style
Originally uploaded by Gani.
I don't know why, but lately people have been thinking that I'm God. Two people, actually.

It began last week, the agency asked me to slow down my animation, make it smoother. So I did. Then when they see the edited commercial they wonder why the timing's off all of a sudden. So I tell them they told me to slow it down. And one of them says:

"I thought you were still going to work in the given time frame."

Riiiiiiiight...

How the hell will I slow down (for example) 5 seconds without it exceeding 5 seconds?!? Even God can't do that! That's just friggin' impossible. If I scoured the earth and looked for every religion possible and if I asked each religion if their god can slow down five seconds and still keep it five seconds, would it be possible?

Nope.

Next example happened today. I was going to get the car gassed up and but most of the pumps were full so I lined up in one pump. Then this taxi goes against the flow just to get to another pump but in doing so ends up parking in between two pumps, negating the possibility of two cars parking side by side.

A gas attendant motions me to park RIGHT BESIDE THE TAXI. How will I fit my car there? He probably thought I was God and that I could shrink my car to fit. I even pointed the taxi behind him and he STILL motions me to go there, so I back the car up and stop because (in my best Vince McMahon imitation voice) THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL I COULD FIT MY CAR THERE.

How did that story end? I ended up getting gas in the same pump I lined up for.

Strangely the latter event didn't get me really angry as is usually what happens. I just started laughing about it.

* * * * *

Remember the line "Stick it to THE MAN?"
Well never mind trying to do that. The man always wins. Rock and Roll was supposed to be a tool to go up against the man. To show him how free one is. And yet look at rock stars. They've bent over for the man, because if they didn't they wouldn't have all the money that have now. They wouldn't get to live in castles (*cough*Sting*cough*) or drive all these cool cars (*cough*Jay Kay*cough*) if they didn't either become THE MAN, or work for THE MAN.

Because no matter what you do, the world is driven by money, and only THE MAN has the money.

But don't take it so bad, because THE MAN is fair. THE MAN will let you keep the fantasy about being an individual, about having beliefs you fight for, and all the other things you think keeps you free.

Only because THE MAN lets you.

* * * * *

Just a few more words before I leave.

Ice Age 2 was amazing. So was V for Vendetta. I can't wait for Happy Feet and Cars.

Out.

1 comment:

  1. Fuck THE MAN. And I don't mean that in the Brokeback Mountain sort of way, in case any bastards out there are getting visions of gayness. This is man shit, as Martin Lawrence says in Bad Boys 2.

    Yeah, V for Vendetta was awesome. I'll bet the action figs for that would be quite awesome like the Crow stuff. I've yet to see Ice Age 2 and Cars and Da Vinci Code (to which I have premiere tickets to, anybody want one? hehe)...

    Happy Easter mate.

    PIS AWT. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)