Monday, April 17, 2006

Good Friday and Easter Sunday


Miss Gay 2K6
Originally uploaded by Gani.
I spent Good Friday in Orani, Bataan with my family. We visited my mother's relatives there because she has this panata that she has to join the Good Friday procession there for X number of years.

Which was a good thing because I had an SLR already. Perfect chance to shoot repentant people flogging themselves to "ask forgiveness for their sins or ask for blessings" (but as with many of the younger generation today most did it just to show off - sounds stupid but its true).

Anyway as I was taking pictures of the statues making their way to the procession I chanced upon this poster and I had to snap it up with my cam phone. Worth a few laughs.

Anyway some random stuff during the trip...

1) Jollibee was open on Good Friday (!) which was good since it was VERY HOT and my mother was kind enough to treat everyone in my tita's house to some cold treats.

2) Some of the "youth" we saw in Jollibee were actually wearing jackets/sweaters. Riiight. So effin' hot outside yet they bear with that just to look "cool"? Actually they looked more like wannabe homeboys/homegirls.

3) Traditions are still being followed but their meaning now is different from when our elders observed them. Check out the flogging thing I said above. Plus the procession now is basically a joke. Most just join it to be seen, and most of those posers are "youth".

Basically that's it.

Oh last Sunday I heard Mass in Magallanes and the priest there was bitching about Dan Brown and The Da Vince Code saying it was bad and when it came for the renewal of Baptismal vows he asked if we reject that book. So basically that means I didn't renew my vows. Why is the Church so fucking sensitive? The book is meant for entertainment, and if you're faith in the Church gets fucked up because of some damn work of fiction then boo-hoo to you. Because then that means your faith was never strong to begin with.

The priest made good points about The Da Vince Code. Like what if someone wrote a work of fiction about your daughter and in that book she was a whore? Wouldn't you get mad? Yup. And the same thing was done about the God, apparently.

So how come their in an uproar over this ONE BOOK? I've read other books saying Christ never died on the Cross and the wine he drank while nailed was a narcotic and that Jews didn't bury the dead the way they buried Christ. The book also said that they wrapped Christ up in herbs because those herbs were healing herbs and that the gardener that spoke to Mary Magdalene on Easter was actually Christ, only darker because of the herbs.

How come they don't come out and chastise the guys who wrote that book?!? Because it wasn't famous. Sheesh. Watchdogs of society indeed.

And what about all those books where Satan is portrayed in different aspects? Even though we know Satan IS a liar isn't it still slanderous to make movies portraying him as such? Why won't the Church get mad at that? Because he's not our God.

Why didn't the Church support the Muslims who got mad at that caricature of their prophet (so as not to offend anyone I won't write the name since I'm not sure of the spelling)? Because their prophet has nothing to do with our God.

Bravo, Christians. Pompous bastards with double standards. Don't give a fuck if it doesn't involve them. Preaching this and that while molesting young altar boys. Bravo.

I'd better stop before I say more and get excommunicated.

Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)