Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hello, Cebu!


Taoist Temple
Originally uploaded by Gani.
April 29-May 1 I was at Cebue, thanks to this long weekend (and to my folks who paid for everything) and I have to say that that place is amazing! Its progressive, clean, beautiful, and very relaxing. Sure everywhere you go there has got to be some bad things and I did hear my fair share of stories from my relatives who live there of snatchers and stuff. But overall, the place was a blast.

Just a few thoughts about Cebu:

1) Cars cars cars. I saw more nice cars in three days there than I would in a month here in Manila. And I mean NICE nice. I saw: a Subaru Impreza, a Toyota Supra, a Porsche Boxster, a Mitsubishi Evolution VII (I think it was a VII), a Corvette, and a BMW Z3 to name a few. Plus the taxis there all looked better maintained than here.

2) Food, glorious food. Cheap and delicious. I ate in four restaurants there: Abuhan Dos, Zao, Colden Cowrie, and Cafe Laguna. Zao had the best overall food but the other three were no slouches either. Excellent food.

3) People were friendly. I did not encounter those people I kept hearing about from others who refuse to talk to you in Tagalog, or who talk behind your back if you're Tagalog. Most of the taxi drivers gave exact changes (no one asked for extra cash) and everyone was kind and warm.

4) The "malls". Those quotation marks are added with the highest respect. They hit the jackpot with their idea of malls. They'd be considered mini-malls here in Manila, but the malls there were just the perfect size to spend one afternoon casually strolling around the entire mall. Plus there were lots of malls in Cebu. Not Megamall sized where even going totally around one floor would be tiring. Great layouts.

I could rant and rant some more but that's it in a nutshell. I wouldn't mind relocating there (and learning their dialect) if I found a good paying job there. It's a great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)