Tuesday, June 14, 2005

OPM???

Lately I've been noticing a trend with regards to our music scene. Remakes.

Now I've got nothing wrong with remaking songs. I used to have a band in high school and we just played alternative songs (and a couple of Black Sabbath songs). Technically we remade them. But we also played them only at home. We never made money out of it.

Now here we have a new breed of singers who are just that - SINGERS. They can't write songs so they go and butcher, er, remake old, famous pop songs so that their albums will sell. They remake songs to make money. Jeez. Wahoo. Hooray. Kudos.

What's up with that? Making money out of someone else's ideas? And your supposed to be an artist. Why don't you write your own songs? Or are you afraid that no one will like them and you'll end up washed up? Better rich and a crummy bastard doppelganger (God I just LOVE that word) than an original artist.

Wanna make easy money? Remake songs.

Be a butcher. Ruin old songs. I used to like the song "Love Moves..." or whatever it was called. But ever since Nina sang, no, BUTCHERED that song it has become revolting to me. That's right. Revolting. Can't you write your own songs?

And while we're at it, this is for all you "singers" out there: Start learning how to write your own songs. I'd respect you guys more if you wrote your own songs rather than ripping off others. But of course you guys don't care what I think, right? If I was in your place and I was the one making thousands (millions?) ripping off others then I wouldn't care what others thought. Bravo.

And since that seems to be the trend nowadays watchout for my new book, CATCHER IN THE RYE. Shyeah, right.

4 comments:

  1. Gago ka a... Catcher in the Rye is MY book! Bwahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So,who do you respect more,singers who butcher old songs,or 'artists' who write songs like 'kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan' or that 'ako si m16 at yor serbis bhay' song?

    ReplyDelete
  3. artists who write songs like that? hmm... looks like another topic for another blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)