Tuesday, June 21, 2005

No Pain No Gain

"Pain is weakness leaving the body." - Alonzo Mourning, NBA Player, built like a bull.

These were the thoughts that were drifting through my head as I was puking my guts out for the second time in the bathroom of this gym I went to last night with my officemates. That's right. A gym.

You see, I've been out of shape for most of my life. Maybe even all of it. And I never bothered to do anything about it until now. Okay so I went to Slimmers World a few times in high school and early college. But I never took it seriously. Now I have to. After two torn pants (torn while I was in the act of sitting down, I might add) I realized that maybe I ought to finally just do something about it.

So off I went with three of my officemates to this gym they go to. Not the typical Slimmers World, Fitness First, or Gold's Gym with the aircons, high tech equipment, and other amenities. This was a gym gym. No aircon, all weights.

So what the hell was I doing there? I was trying to work out. Lose weight. Quick. Fast. Become a size 36 again. But since I was totally out of shape I only did three exercises. Full squats (no weight, two sets, 7 and 9 reps), leg press (15 x 50, 15 x 60), and some other exercise I forgot the name (8 x 8, 12 x 12). Oh and I also puked. Twice. And as if it was following the trend of my exercises, I heaved thrice the first time and eight times the second. Sheesh. First set weak second set strong. Even in puking.

So now my thighs are killing me. And tomorrow I go work on the arms. Then on Friday the back. Then on Monday the cycle begins again. But I can't complain too much. This is my fault, letting myself get this way. Had I controlled myself a bit more earlier on in my life then maybe I wouldn't have to do this anymore.

But I feel great. I feel good. Even if my legs are cursing me out and muscles I never knew I had are reintroducing themselves to me in a very unpleasant way.

5 comments:

  1. That's great , keep it up and you'll be a size 36 by your 25th birthday! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great , keep it up and you'll be a size 36 by your 25th birthday! Just don't turn into one of those muscle-bound nit-wits who frequent the gym and obsess about their biceps or pecs, etc... All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that one's hilarious, dude (wink, wink... If you're as smart as I like to think you are, you'll get what I mean)! I told you those times I'd drag you down to the covered courts to join me in training would come in handy Ü Best of luck to you, man. I hope tuloy-tuloy na yan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gani!

    How are you? =)
    Burning out, huh?
    No pain no gain! Good luck to you.

    Gabrielle }:-]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ako din ata kailangan ko na ding mag gym. Tsk tsk. Anyway, I hope you reach you goal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking time out to leave a comment on my blog. :)