Wednesday, September 25, 2024

[1097] Jogging

My good friend Ferds recently told me that some people do 3:1 interval jogging when they train. That basically means doing 3 minutes of jogging (or running) and 1 minute of walking. Earlier today I decided to try it out.

Unfortunately for me I think I set the timer wrong so I only did one set of the 3:1 interval training. Not wanting to ruin my session I decided to just do distance based intervals. So I picked four spots in my route where I would start jogging and stop jogging. I also made sure that my jog sectors would be longer than my walk sectors so that I can still count my work out as a jog on Strava.

Anyway I was able to do 3 laps, a little over 3km. Which is one whole lap farther than my last jog session. And I will attribute it to the intervals. Getting a walk sector or two per lap helped me recover so I could jog farther. So I guess moving forward this is what I'll be doing when I go jogging.

Out.