Tuesday, September 10, 2024

[1094] Bicycles

So I'm currently curious about do-it-all bikes that you can ride on tarmac and rough roads. Practical bikes that can be fun to ride but still very practical. Hence my curiosity with cargo bikes.

After everything I've read I think I would rather own a long tail cargo bike. It seems like the adjustment period to ride one is a lot easier than front loading cargo bikes. I've already had my crazy ideas for a cargo bike build, including a 1x setup that has very wide gear range so that you can hopefully stay on the pedals on a loaded bike as much as possible.

Then there's an ATB, or an all-terrain bike. I'm thinking shouldn't this just be a gravel bike? And honestly, I'm not sure. If it's differences in geometries then fair enough. From what I've read though I think an ATB is the right bike frame for me.

I'm at that point in my bike interest that I do want a new frame so that I can fit tires as narrow as 32mm or as wide as maybe 42mm AND still fit fenders. I still want to stick with 1x no matter how curious I am with 2x. a 44T chainring with 11-50 cassette is I think the right gearing for me. And of course drop bars. Flared ideally so I can get a 38mm wide flared drop bar.

Out.