Wednesday, September 04, 2024

[1093] Practical Dream Car

There are three relatively new models that I would consider to be my practical dream car. I've blogged about it before as well but I want to blog about them again. So here they are in order.

  1. Honda Jazz 1.5L AT second generation (2007 - 2012). This is still my unicorn. Alas the prices for used models of this here in the Philippines are still relatively expensive, plus the fact that most of the Honda Jazz being sold have been modified. Still my benchmark for a small, practical car. I just don't think I'll ever be able to own one because I honestly don't see how practical it would be to buy a car that's over ten-years old already.
  2. Toyota Yaris 1.5L AT second generation (2005 - 2011/2013) and third generation (2011/2013 - 2021). This would be my second choice because it's a Toyota. It doesn't have the magic seating configuration of the Honda Jazz but it has the same engine displacement and it's also a hatchback. Sadly the second generation sells here for almost the same amount as some third generation Yaris being sold. And most of the third gen Yaris I see being sold are the 1.3L engine variant. Which isn't a bad thing.
  3. Kia Picanto 1.2L AT third generation (2017 - current?). This was actually the first choice I had when I was originally planning to get a used car a few years ago. This is the cheapest car being sold but from reviews I've read and watched online this car is very fuel efficient and it is fun to drive. The biggest reason why this drops to my third choice is because it's a Kia and I don't know how easy it is to get parts for maintenance for this car. In terms of used car pricing this is very affordable.
Honorable mentions for practical used cars of course include the Suzuki Swift, Honda Brio, and the Toyota Wigo, AT variants if possible. Also hatchback of course.

Out.