Sunday, March 17, 2024

[1058] Thoughts

Yesterday, March 16, 2024, I gave an online presentation via Zoom a little past 8pm. The topic was an intro to Blender Video Editing.

I don't usually do this, probably never had done it before yesterday. I don't count teaching colleagues at work because that is with people I know. Yesterday was different since this was with people I don't know. Total strangers.

It was something a good friend of mine invited me to do. He was working with someone who has this goal of empowering Filipinos with skills they can use to do online freelance work. I thought it was a good idea so I volunteered my time.

I also chose Blender video editing because it was a) free and b) I don't think I can teach the basics of 3D in an hour. I think, and I hope, I was able to at least give the people who attended the call an idea of how to start out editing videos in Blender.

I do have my "issues" with Blender but I still think it is a very powerful tool that is also open source.

I do feel good about what I did. I guess sometimes I need to do things out of my comfort zone just so I can keep moving forward.

Out.