Monday, March 11, 2024

[1057] Two Car Garage

I've blogged about this countless times before but I need a filler blog post. Er, I mean I've made my decision now. As of this moment I'm choosing the Suzuki S-Presso AGS and the Toyota Veloz 1.5 V CVT Platinum White Pearl. Combined cost of both cars won't exceed PhP 2 million.

I initially compared the S-Presso with the similarly prized Toyota Wigo 1.0 E CVT Yellow SE (because I really, really like high vis colors). I decided on the former for the simple reason that it is smaller overall while having a slightly taller ground clearance than the latter. This gives the S-Presso the advantage in city driving and parking because hopefully you'll have more free space when you park. They may just be around 10 to 20 centimeters but that's still a big deal. At least for me.

As for the Veloz, I compared it to the Toyota Avanza 1.5 G CVT and the Suzuki Ertiga 1.5 GLX AT Hybrid. I originally liked (and still do) the Avanza but checking the comparison I think it's worth the additional cost for a few features the Avanza doesn't have. Like the lane departure warning sensor and the roof rack.

Again, I'm picking these two from a practical standpoint. The S-Presso would be the daily driver and the Veloz would be the weekend getaway car and alternate ride on the day the S-Presso is coding. Or the Veloz can be used when the folks are here and we need a more spacious car.

Out.