Sunday, March 10, 2024

[1056] Material Things

I'll be doing a "daydream" post where I'll be listing down some "small" material things I'd love to buy if I had the disposable income to actually get them. Technically I could probably afford some of these, but considering the price they're being sold here I'd rather look for a cheaper, more bang for the buck alternative.

  • Uniqlo clothes. Don't get me wrong, I have a good amount of Uniqlo branded clothes, but I usually only buy them when they drop below a certain amount. The shorts I saw yesterday are way over that amount. I'd also love to get a few of their Airism and DRY-EX shirts as well as some athletic shorts.
  • A mid-level mirrorless camera with two lenses. One would be a prime lens and the other would be a decent zoom lens. Most likely use the prime more often and maybe the zoom when needed. I honestly would be happy with a high end point-and-shoot camera, but when I saw how much the Fujifilm X100VI was being sold I think it would be more practical to get a good mirrorless camera. Something like the Fujifilm X-E4.
  • A great pair of sneakers. Low cut basketball shoes that I can wear when I go out. I don't play basketball anymore but I still like the shoes. Who knows, maybe I'll try shooting if I get another pair.
  • A new work table. I've been seeing those posts on reddit's battlestation subreddit and most of the nice work tables are just a few Ikea drawers and a heavy, wooden board as the table itself. One Alex drawer unit and another Alex storage unit as the "legs" and find a nice board for the table. Isn't Ikea supposed to be this budget brand in other countries? It's a luxury brand here in the Philippines.
That's it. I think I can actually buy these things but it would definitely take a long time since I'd need to save for a few months (or even years) before being able to purchase whatever it is I want to purchase.

Out.