Wednesday, August 23, 2023

[1012] Rest in Peace, Chula

Our pet cat Chula passed away today. She was almost ten years old.

My daughter found her lying down full of slobber yesterday afternoon. We looked for any 24 hour vet in the area and I asked my mom's driver to bring her there. Traffic was bad and the driver had a motorcycle.

The vets tested her, my folks were ready to give the go signal to euthanize. The vets suggested giving her a fighting chance.

Earlier this morning my mom called and said Chula was getting worse. Unfortunately the driver and I would only be walking and taking whatever tricycles we could to get to the place. There is no motorcycle parking in the morning and we didn't know if they towed them if you left them along the sidewalks.

Two tricycle rides and a relatively long walk we were there. We were late. She passed away on her own and didn't need to be euthanized.

I cried as I gave her her last head scratches. I thanked her. I took one or three last pictures of Chula. So what if the staff saw and heard me.

Thanks for the memories, thanks for the love, sorry for the times I was mean to you. I hope you looked at me favorably. I will miss the times when I lie down during lunch and you sleep beside me.

Chula. August 23, 2023. If my brain forgets you, my heart will not.

Out.

Edit: I would like to thank everyone at the veterinary clinic. They were very professional, they were very accommodating when I arrived. They answered all my questions and were very respectful.